15 Dec 7 tips to staying on track this festive season.
With the christmas period fast approaching and the endless christmas parties and drinks scheduled in our diaries. It is easy to forget our health and fitness over such a crazy, and busy time of the year. It is definitely a time to relax, unwind and let your hair down, but this doesn’t mean we need to completely forget our health and fitness.
We have put together some small tips that you can use over the break that will help keep you fighting fit and healthy, and help you from un doing all your hard work this year!
1. Remember to relax. With another year finishing it is important to relax, unwind and reflect on the year that has just gone by. It is easy for us to get caught up in the christmas chaos. Take some time for yourself over the next couple of weeks to relax, reflect and make some new goals, and plans for the following year.
2. Move your body daily. At such a busy time of the year it can be hard to find time to exercise. Remember just 30 minutes a day will leave you feeling happier, healthier and won’t leave you feeling as guilty when you have that extra slice of christmas pudding.
3. Don’t go to a christmas event hungry. Make sure you have a little snack before. That way when the chips and dip come out first you won’t fill yourself up on crap before the good stuff comes out.
4. Find healthy alternatives. If you have a dinner party to attend and you’re bringing something, do your research and try and find a healthy alternative. If you have to make rum balls for eg. try searching for a healthy bliss ball recipe. (We have even added a yummy one below).
5. Always eat a healthy and nutritious breakfast. This will set you up for the day and help you feeling fuller for longer. Stopping you from over indulging on snacks and cakes later on in the day.
6. Workout in the morning. Getting your workout done in the morning can set you up for a great day ahead. Starting your day feeling refreshed and with lots of mental clarity. You can tackle anything that the holiday period throws at you!
7. Drink plenty of water. With many social activities revolving around drinking and eating it can be hard to remember to drink water. Ensure you’re drinking enough throughout the day, and when out drinking have a glass of water for every alcoholic beverage. Your body will thankyou the next day!
We hope these 7 easy tips you can incorporate into your daily life over the christmas period. Remember your health and wellbeing don’t have to be neglected. Health is wealth!