19 May Broccolli and Cauliflower Soup
Here at Complete Health Care Sunbury we believe in the connection between our diet and overall health and wellbeing. With the winter months quickly dawning upon us and the need to stay warm and feel comforted increases. We’re switching up our smoothies and salads for heartier soups and warmer dishes, that don’t come with the high calorie count. What better way to get your daily vegetable intake into a soup that taste great and is even better for you!
You will need:
- 500 grams of broccoli
- 250 grams of cauliflower
- 1 onion chopped
- 1 clove of garlic, crushed
- 2 cups of water
- 3 cups unsweetened almond milk
- 1 tablespoon of vegetable stock
- 1 tablespoon of coconut oil
- Freshly ground pepper and salt to taste.
What to do:
- Add oil, onion, garlic salt and pepper to a large saucepan. Saute on medium-high heat for 5 minutes, adding a couple of tablespoons of water throughout the process to avoid from burning
- Add cauliflower and milk. Cover and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to simmer and cover for 10 minutes, or until florets are soft
- Add in half of the broccoli.
- Pour mixture into the jug of a high-powered blender or food processor. Puree until smooth. Return to pot.
- Stir in remaining broccoli and onion powder. Cover and cook for another 10 minutes, until thickened.
- Season with salt, pepper and fresh parsley. Enjoy!