20 Sep Springtime motivation
Spring has finally hit, and before we know it summer will be at our door step. The feeling of warmer summer days definitely puts a pep in my step and gives me that little bit of extra motivation. We’ve put together some helpful tips that will help get you back into gear this summer.
1. Switch up your workout- if you’re finding yourself stuck in a rut with the same gym routine you’ve been doing, try working out outside. Try a different form of exercise that challenges you, and takes you out of your comfort zone.
2. Find a workout buddy- if you’re used to working out by yourself, try working out with a friend. This helps keep us accountable on those early mornings when you’d rather hit the snooze button and stay in bed for that little bit longer.
3. Sign up for an event- want to run a marathon but too scared too? Maybe now is the time to step out of your comfort zone and try something you wouldn’t normally do. When we have a goal like a marathon or triathlon to work towards it also helps keep us accountable in our training.
4. Sign up for a workout- by handing over the power to a fitness instructor you literally don’t have to think. All you need to do is turn up to the workout and before you know it you’ve smashed out a high intensity workout. Working out with others always helps with that little bit of extra motivation also.
5. Challenge yourself- Summer is just around the corner, now is the time to really step out of your comfort zone and challenge yourself. It may be trying a boxing class you’ve never done before or yoga and pilates. Each time we challenge ourselves we build resilience and mental and physical strength.
Be your own motivation every day, and remember we’re all in this together. Inspire those around you!