16 Jun Winter warming porridge
With the weather definitely cooling down. We’re moving from the beloved smoothies and salads to more heartier warmer meals like soups and porridge. We know how important it is to start our day with a balanced meal of protein, carbs and good fats to keep you going for the morning. We love this winter warming porridge recipe, and we hope you will too!
What you’ll need:
- 3/4 cup of oats/ quinoa
- 1 cup of water/ almond milk/ coconut milk
- 1 scoop of protein powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- Handful of frozen berries
- 1 tsp of honey
- 1 tbs almond/ peanut butter
What to do:
- Simply add the oats, liquid of choice and cinnamon into a pan and allow it to heat for about five minutes or until the liquid has been absorbed.
- Reduce heat and add protein powder and frozen berries. Stir until mixed and berries are defrosted.
- Once all stirred through take off heat and pour into a bowl. Then add almond butter, honey and top with fresh strawberries, blueberries or banana.
This recipe has a great combination of carbs (oats), protein and healthy fats (almond butter), which will help keep you full for the day ahead. Enjoy!