06 Aug 7 Tips to Health and Wellness
1. Eat a wide variety of fruits and vegetables– we probably sound like a broken record, but fruits and vegetables are so important in our daily diet and can help prevent many diseases and cancers. Eating a wide variety is so beneficial for our overall health and body fat.
2. Eat adequate amounts of good quality protein- Proteins serve as a fuel source and are also used to manufacture hormones, enzymes, cellular messengers, nucleic acids, and immune-system components (contain vitamins B’s and zinc). Without adequate protein, our bodies can’t put together the structures that make up every cell, tissue, and organ, nor can it generate the biochemical substances needed for cardiovascular function, muscle contraction, growth, and healing.
3. Move your body– just 30 minutes of exercise daily can help improve our body fat percentage, posture, flexibility, fitness amongst many other things. It doesnt have to be long, but just 30 minutes of high intensity activity can help burn fat and improve overall health and wellbeing.
4. Be grateful– old cliche saying, “be grateful for what you have and you’ll end up having more”. Every day on this earth is a blessing, make the most of every single day and opportunity.
5. Get adequate sleep– sleep is so important for our bodies to repair and heal itself. Without enough sleep our cortisol levels rise which in turn can put our whole system out of wack. Make sure you’re getting enough sleep so you’re giving your body the best opportunity to repair and heal itself.
6. Cut back on caffeiene– that’s right, your daily or 4 daily cups of coffee are not great for your health. Try cutting back to just 1 cup of coffee per day, or better yet drink green tea. This will help improve your sleep as well as lower cortisol levels in your body.
7. Drink plenty of water– enough said. Try incorporating an extra litre of water per day and notice the changes in your body. Your skin will glow, your energy will improve amongst many other great health benefits.
Just 7 easy tips can make a huge difference to our overall health and wellbeing. They’re simple yet very effective. Every individual is different so what works for you may not be the same for somebody else. Give these a go and notcie the improvements in your health! Remember to do it all with a smile 🙂