25 May 8 tips to help keep you motivated during winter
Looking for some great winter health tips to keep you motivated through the colder months? We’ve found these simple and effective tips that can help you stay healthy & fit when the weather is less than favourable.
1. Have a goal- over the winter months, it can be hard to get out and train when it’s absolutely freezing. But having a goal to keep you motivated to get through the winter months will make the journey a lot easier. Whether that be to run 5km by summer or to attend 3 gym sessions a week, make sure you have something to work towards.
2. Start slow– start with small process goals and work your way towards your larger goal. Starting slow will lead to better results and will reduce the risk of burnout developing.
3. Find what works for you- find an exercise routine that really works for your body and lifestyle. If you’re someone that doesn’t like running and you force yourself to run daily, chances are you won’t be running for very long. Do what works for your body and makes your body feel good.
4. Train with a partner/ friend- training becomes so much easier when we’re training with someone else. This holds us accountable, as well as keeps us motivated to push ourselves that little bit further.
5. Make nutrition your priority- if you’re someone that doesn’t enjoy training during the winter, or even at all, ensure that you’re very diligent with your diet. Just because it’s winter doesn’t mean we let ourselves go. Ensure you’re eating the right foods and portions for your energy requirements.
6. Hydrate– Hydrate, hydrate, hydrate!! The winter months can leave our bodies feeling dull and less hydrated. Ensure you stay hydrated and don’t mistake hunger for thirst. Staying hydrated gives our cells energy to perform at their peak capacity.
7. Reward yourself- If you find yourself looking for some extra motivation why not buy some great workout gear that will give you that little bit of extra motivation to workout. Better yet, once a week reward your hard training with a massage or beauty treatment. You’ll be feeling a million dollars by summer!
8. Have fun– remember to have fun whilst training. It’s not meant to be a chore 🙂