18 Aug Cancer Fighting Foods
Daffodil Day is this Friday the 22nd of August. Even if we haven’t been directly affected by Cancer, we may know someone that has. So we thought we would write a list of some cancer fighting foods. Cancer feeds off a high acidic diet in our body. By reducing the acidity levels and increasing alkaline foods in our diet, cancer is unable to thrive. By incorporating these foods into your daily diet your body will definitely thank you. You will feel increasing amounts of energy!
1. Berries- blueberries, raspberries and strawberries are great foods to include in your daily diet. They contain an antioxidant called pterostilbene, found particularly highest in blueberries. They also taste delicious and are perfect for an after dinner snack.
2. Green leafy vegetables– these really are wonder foods. These include spinach, kale, swisse chard. They are rich in iron, protein, and essential Vitamins and Minerals. They have high amounts of cancer fighting properties also.
3. Broccoli and other green cruciferous vegetables– cabbage, kale, Brussels sprouts, contain fibre which helps eliminate toxins throughout the body and in particular the liver.
4. Brazil Nuts- Six cracked nuts will give you your daily selenium; 100 to 200 mcgs is the goal. Selenium is a very potent anti-cancer property.
5. Avocados– rich in Vitamin E and fibre, avocados are amongst one of the healthiest foods on the planet. The Vitamin E boosts your immune system’s fighting abilities.
6. Pumpkin and Sunflower Seeds- both are extremely high in Vitamin E and Zinc. Which both have cancer fighting properties and are alkaline foods. Vitamin E is the ultimate cancer fighter which inhibits cancer cell growth and protects immune cells from free radicals.
7. Red and Yellow Peppers– both of these are extremely high in Vitamin C (Even more so than oranges!). Vitamin C strengthens our immune cells and neutralises toxins. Peppers are also a good source of carotenoid which has high cancer fighting properties.
8. Carrots and Sweet potatoes- these contain high amounts of beta-carotene which is a powerful antioxidant. People who eat foods high in beta-carotone have a reduced risk of cancer, particularly in the lung, colon, stomach and also breast cancer.
9. Green Tea- Green tea consumption may reduce your breast cancer risk by up to 53 percent. Drink two to four cups a day. You can have it either or hot or chilled. Squeeze some fresh lemon in it also for some added benefits and great taste.
10. Turmeric- a spice known for its cancer fighting properties which has high anti-inflammatory options and high in antioxidants. It can lower inflammation in our body, which cancer thrives off. Curcumin the active ingredient in turmeric has been shown to help prevent cancer in the breast, colon, stomach, liver and lung.
The food we eat can either be the best or worst form of medicine for our bodies. Choose carefully what you put into your body, as every time you eat or drink you are either feeding disease or fighting it.