23 Sep Heart Health Tips & A Delicious Veggie Omelette Recipe
Heart Health Tips
As this week we have decided to focus on Hearth Health. We thought we would share some Heart Health Tips and a delicious Veggie Omelette Recipe to help keep your cholesterol down, and help you stay fit and active! Heart Disease is the number 1 killer in Australians, what a scary statistic!
Move your body
Moving your body has so many physical health benefits, as well as mental. Even if its 30 minutes a day, this can include going for a walk with your partner or friend, yoga, pilates, weight training or swimming. The list is endless. Each day incorporate a little bit more into your daily fitness routine and notice how good you feel!
Eat a wide variety of fruits and vegetables
As stated in many of our previous posts it is so important to incorporate a wide variety of fruits and vegetables into our daily diet. Vegetables can help lower cholesterol in our body, which can help reduce heart disease.
Add healthy fats to your diet
You probably think we are like a broken record when we talk about the addition of healthy fats to our diets, but they’re just so important. Healthy fats liker avocado, nuts, seeds, coconut oil help lower our cholesterol levels and reduce fat around our waistline.
See your doctor
If you think you’re in an unhealthy weight range it is important to seek medical advice from your local GP. By making small changes daily over time these all add up. Its time to start making those changes now!
Veggie Omelette Recipe
An easy veggie omelette recipe that you can have for breakfast, lunch or dinner. It is so versatile and tastes delicious!
You will need:
- ½ bunch of kale or 1 cup of spinach
- 2 eggs (or 1 egg+2 whites)
- ¼ cup of chopped green and red peppers
- Bunch of fresh brocollini
- 2 tbps milk of choice
- 1 tablespoon of coconut oil
- ½ tsp of Himalayan or sea salt
What to do:
- Finely chop kale and/or spinach.
- Whisk the eggs in a bowl with the chopped greens, milk, salt and pepper
- Heat frying pan with 1 tbsp of coconut oil
- Add red and green peppers to fry pan with brocollini; lightly sauté. Then set aside
- Add the egg mixture to the fry pan of coconut oil to cook through.
- Add the peppers and brocollini to the mixture. Fold the egg over to make omelette.
- Garnish with salt and pepper; can add some goats cheese if you like.
- You can also lightly sauté or grill some asparagus to have as a tasty side dish!